For foreigners there are different ways to live legally in spain, but without a doubt the golden visa or the residency by investment is the fastest way to settle in spain. At lawyers & accountants, you will therefore learn everything you need to know about the gold visa: what it is, what benefits it offers, how to apply for it, etc.
What is the golden visa?
The golden visa spain, also known as 'residencia por inversion', is a permit that allows foreigners who are not residents of the european union to legally live and work in spain with their family if they can prove that they have made an investment in spain and if they meet the relevant requirements of the spanish legal system.
After receiving the golden visa spain is granted a one-year residence visa and a two-year residence permit, which can be extended if the investment is maintained.
Conditions for the issuance of a spanish residence permit (golden visa in spain)
As stated in articles 62, 63 and 64 of spanish law 14/2013, the following are the requirements for the issuance of the golden visa:
- Substantial capital investment.
- Real estate investments.
- Corporate investment.
- Not to stay illegally on spanish territory.
- You must be over 18 years old.
- No criminal record in spain or in the countries where they have resided in the last five years.
- In the territory of countries with which spain has signed an agreement, do not be listed as a refoulement.
- You have private health insurance in spain.
- You must have sufficient financial resources for the duration of your stay in spain.
- Pay the fee for processing the visa or residence permit by investment.
Who can obtain a golden visa for spain?
The golden visa for investors can be applied for by a person who has an investment in real estate in spain of more than 500.Has made 000 euros, which is the main requirement. It should also be noted that the purchase of the property must be free of encumbrances, which means that the buyer may not take out a loan or mortgage.
In addition, those who have made the following investments are also eligible for the gold visa:
- Assumption of government debt in the amount of two million euros.
- Acquisition of shares or bank deposits in financial institutions worth one million euros.
- Investment in a business project in spain.
Once this is done, the investment must be accredited within a maximum of 60 days, as well as the identity number or passport, health insurance, police clearance certificate and the rest of the above requirements.
Advantages of the golden visa for spain
- It allows you to be absent from spain for a long period of time without losing your residency permit.
- It allows the entry to spain and to the other 26 countries of the european union.
- Allows the legal residence of the investor's family members.
- Allows the acquisition of spanish citizenship through residency.
- Includes the work permit for the investor and his family members.
- Longer duration than other types of residence permits. Can be renewed easily every two years.
How to apply for the golden visa?
The application for a golden visa must be submitted to the spanish consulate in the applicant's country of residence (article 75.1 of the spanish law 14/2013). If you are unable to file the application yourself, you may place it in the hands of a representative.
The process for obtaining a gold visa is quick, and usually the gold visa is issued within about 10 working days, once the application has been filed and all relevant documents have been submitted. You can then apply for the 2-year spanish residence permit immediately or wait until the visa expires to apply for it.
We at lawyers & accountants can help you apply for and obtain the golden visa for foreign investors. We are immigration lawyers specialized in this field and we can provide you with all the help and advice you need to legally settle yourself and your family in spain.